5 Free Fun things to do around the Holidays….
- Take a walk around Downtown Bryan. Historical Downtown Bryan is filled with coffee shops, boutiques, restaurants, you name it! The streets are lined with Christmas lights and there is a beautiful Christmas Tree in the center of town. Be sure to visit on First Friday (the first Friday of each month) for a ton of live music, booths, and other activities perfect for the family, a girls night, or date night!
- Research Park. If you are looking to get outdoors, Research Park is a great place to go! Pack a picnic and explore the park grounds. The best part is it is dog friendly, so you can bring along your pups too!
- George Bush Library. If you haven’t been to this Library + Museum yet, you are seriously missing out! It is FREE for A&M students (just bring your A&M ID). The museum boasts a beautifully lit Christmas Tree during the holiday season, modeled after the lighting of the tree at the actual White House! Come check out a replica of the oval office, stop by the theatre for a movie, and more! Be sure to take a walk around rose garden and pond before you leave.
- See the best Christmas Lights in Town! Make some hot cocoa, put on some holiday music and you are ready to go! Pebble Creek and Castlegate neighborhoods are two great spots to see some impressive Christmas lights.
- Century Square. Century Square has everything you could need – the best cafe’s, restaurants, hotels, candy shops and boutiques perfect for all ages! Be sure to check out Grooves on The Green for free live music on December 28 and 29. If you are still looking for New Years Eve Plans, Century Square is hosting a Noon-Years-Eve countdown Celebration on December 31st, and it is a free event!
Best Firepits in Town
We have compiled a list of the best spots with firepits in BCS. Bundle up, bring your smore’s ingredients, and get cozy by the fire with your family and friends. There is no better way to spend the holiday season!
- Lake Bryan
- The Stella Hotel
- The Canteen at Century Square
- The Backyard on Northgate
- Cavalry Court
- Santa’s Wonderland
- Beachy Central Park